From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: improve file system mounting and unmounting in OpenRC
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 00:26:35
1 On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 02:54:56AM +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > On 28 July 2015 at 01:26, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The proposal in [3], on the other hand, is to create a mount script that
4 > > works like netifrc. It would mount a single file system, which would be
5 > > determined by the link it was called from, much like how netifrc
6 > > determines which interface to work on.
7 >
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > This is great and consistent with all other services.
11 >
12 > What I would like to see is how to not relay on /etc/fstab content, if possible.
13 >
14 > If it is like netifrc, there can be fstab module that provides entries
15 > for fstab.
16 >
17 > It can be in /etc/conf.d/filesystem.@name@ instead of openrc core. for example:
18
19 I'm not sure what you mean. Right now, I don't see how OpenRC could stop
20 using fstab.
21
22 I'm open to suggestions though.
23