From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Build dependencies and upgrades.
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:24:14
1 El 11/10/11 20:55, Markos Chandras escribió:
2 > On 10/11/11 19:50, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 >
5 > > Today I have found that build dependencies are left in the system
6 > > but won't be upgraded when running emerge -vauD1 world. This can be
7 > > inconvenient since security issues fixed in those left over
8 > > packages won't be applied properly. So, is there any reason for
9 > > this behaviour? Shouldn't build dependencies either be cleaned with
10 > > --depclean after building or be upgraded to avoid possible issues?
11 >
12 > > Sorry if this gets in here twice, I used an incorrect account.
15 > Maybe you want the --with-bdeps parameter along with the -D one?. man
16 > emerge -> section Options -> parameter -D
17 That makes sense but then the problem is on the poor documentation we
18 have in the Internet.
19 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1
20 Here no mention to that option is made
21 Nor is in:
22 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
23
24 And in fact no mention to the option is made in the doc space at all. I
25 may also be wrong here but I don't recall finding it when I started with
26 portage and no notice was issued since then so either I misunderstood
27 it, kinda likely by then, or it was added later. And the fact it wasn't
28 commented at all in the documentation didn't help.
29
30 The question now is anybody thinks this shouldn't appear in the
31 handbook? If nobody has a problem I'll prepare a patch.
32
33 PS: howarang thanks for the point I found it really odd this was missing.