From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Kdm background
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:09:17
1 Hi All,
2
3 I know this is probably a gentoo-user question, but drobbins said it is OK to
4 post for about a week or so to the dev list..:-))
5
6 I had this cosmetic (nevertheless annoying) thing with rc5 (binaries iso) and
7 also with rc6 (built from scratch tbz2). It is impossible to set kdm
8 background from KDE control center / system /login manager /background. I am
9 logged in as root, I can set anything, colors, pixmap as kdm background, no
10 matter what I do I get the grained, grayish background and the usual kdm login
11 dialog when I actually restart kdm to see what I did...
12
13 I looked at the kdmrc file where the settings are, and the settings are
14 actually in the config file but they never take effect for some reason...
17 Probably many of us running kdm. Are you able to set kdm background? Please
18 let me know. This thing bugs me for a while...
21 Thanks in advance: Viktor
24 ----Viktor Lakics----
25
26 Through the Internet: