From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new nvidia ebuild
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 17:14:45
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 Daniel Robbins wrote: [Sat Oct 06 2001, 10:18:14AM EST]
4 > This ebuild contains the latest accelerated nvidia drivers and OpenGL
5 > 1.2 implementation, as well as a devfs patch. To use them, exit X,
6 > emerge this package, and then configure /etc/X11/XF86Config
7 > appropriately (basically just change the "Device" "driver" setting to
8 > "nvidia"). Then load the NVdriver kernel module, start X and you
9 > should have very fast, rock-solid accelerated video under XFree86.
10
11 I don't have an nvidia card, but this ebuild brings up an interesting
12 question. I have attempted to emerge glibc a couple times, only to have
13 it bomb out at the end because I was currently running X. Couldn't
14 these ebuilds test for X before actually starting unpack/compile?
15
16 Aron