From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@g.o>
To: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] plymouth maintainer-needed
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:02:29
1 Excerpts from Alex Legler's message of 2012-04-18 16:49:57 +0200:
2 > On Wednesday 18 April 2012 16:03:09 Amadeusz Żołnowski wrote:
3 > > I no longer use plymouth and have no more will to work on it, but
4 > > because I believe many users use this package it would be good if
5 > > somebody take maintainership of it.
6 >
7 > I'll take it for now. Co-maintainers welcome.
8
9 Thank you!
12 > > There's only one serious bug opened at this time and there's no much
13 > > work with this package. I have also written some howto for users:
14 > >
15 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~aidecoe/doc/en/plymouth.xml
16 > >
17 > > (Append .src to get the source.) You can move it anywhere you want.
18 >
19 > I guess this should go to the wiki.
20
21 I was asked in the past to move howto from wiki to some more reliable
22 place, because wiki used to be offline quite often. Has this been
23 changed? If you move it, please just know me the address so I can
24 redirect users from the old one.
27 > > Plymouth has plugin I have written for OpenRC (see its openrc use
28 > > flag) which is more proof-of-concept rather something to be used
29 > > really seriously, therefore best would be to drop this plugin and
30 > > support only systemd which is supported by upstream ootb.
31 >
32 > Works fine for me, so there's no point in dropping it in fear of
33 > systemd.
34
35 Hm… nice. :-)
39 Amadeusz Żołnowski