From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:32:28
1 On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:17:20PM -0500, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:48:04AM -0600, Jay Maynard wrote:
3 > > Stallman's claiming credit for all of Linux, anywhere it appears,
4 > Only when trolls intentionally misinterpret his statements that way.
5
6 Why else does he insist that the name of his project be attached to it
7 whenever and wherever it's mentioned and refuse to have any dealings at all
8 with anyone who does not?
9
10 > Could you please take trolling to comp.os.linux.advocacy or
11 > gnu.misc.discuss or some other forum where nobody has anything better to
12 > do than troll and be trolled? Thanks.
13
14 I'm not trolling. These are my honest beliefs, honestly arrived at, and I
15 believe that Stallmanite misstatements of fact should not be allowed to go
16 unchallenged.
17
18 ...or are you one of those who assumes that anyone who doesn't toe the
19 Stallmanite line must automatically be trolling?
20
21 ...or is the Gentoo project another bastion of Stallmanism, like the Debian
22 Project?
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list