From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] GLEP 74 post-Council review update
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:25:11
1 W dniu pią, 17.11.2017 o godzinie 12∶37 -0800, użytkownik Daniel
2 Campbell napisał:
3 > >
4 > > [snip]
5 > > Non-strict Manifest verification
6 > > --------------------------------
7 > >
8 > > Originally the Manifest2 format provided a special ``MISC`` tag that
9 > > was used for ``metadata.xml`` and ``ChangeLog`` files. This tag
10 > > indicated that the Manifest verification failures could be ignored for
11 > > those files unless the package manager was working in strict mode.
12 > >
13 > > The first versions of this specification continued the use of this tag.
14 > > However, after a long debate it was decided to deprecate it along with
15 > > the non-strict behavior, and require all files to strictly match.
16 >
17 > It may be outside the scope of the GLEP, but a link to said long debate
18 > might be relevant to the reader, especially if they have suggestions or
19 > points that have already been discussed in the debate.
20
21 It's been on IRC.
22
23 > Aside from the few nitpicks this looks good. Hope this helps.
24
25 I think I've fixed every single one of them. I'm going to fix one issue
26 I've noticed (lack of filename whitespace restriction) and resubmit.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny