From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes made by acct-* ebuilds
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:41:41
1 On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 15:12 +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > On 2020-02-13 17:17, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 > > I don't agree that this should be happen by default. I suspect the
4 > > majority of users do not wish to manage system users/groups
5 > > themselves.
6 >
7 > Follow handbook to get a working system and rebuild entire world. You
8 > will get surprised.
9 >
10 > This is really a bad default and it's breaking with existing principles
11 > you can find in most distributions: Don't touch stuff which were changed
12 > by the user.
15 So we're apparently dealing with a major breakage where nobody bothered
16 to report a bug, and it's so urgent that instead of opening a bug you
17 choose to try to push things your way behind the scenes causing more
18 users to be hurt by this apparent non-reported bug just so you can have
19 a better chance of pushing things your way and ignoring the other side
20 of the resulting breakage. Makes sense.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny