From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reorganization of /var/lib gentoo-related files
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 03:47:31
1 081231 Fabio Rossi wrote:
2 > I'm proposing to reorganize the files related to Gentoo inside /var/lib.
3 > Currently we have this situation (at least on my system):
4 > /var/lib/eselect -- here
5 > /var/lib/gentoo/enews
6 > /var/lib/herdstat/
7 > /var/lib/module-rebuild -- here
8 > /var/lib/portage -- here
9 >
10 > The main dir should be something like /var/lib/gentoo ,
11 > so I'd see all gentoo-related files as
12 >
13 > /var/lib/gentoo/eselect
14 > /var/lib/gentoo/enews
15 > /var/lib/gentoo/herdstat/
16 > /var/lib/gentoo/module-rebuild
17 > /var/lib/gentoo/portage
18 >
19 > What do you think about?
20
21 It looks neater & simpler to understand in the long run,
22 provided it doesn't break anyone's system in the short run.
23 BTW I have only the 3 entries I have marked above.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca