From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Profiles Part 2
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:25:43
1 On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:07:34 +0200 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Monday 12 June 2006 22:58, Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 | > I would like to think that this proposal addresses most of the
5 | > concerns raised in the last thread -- it implies nothing about
6 | > support for any other package manager, and introduces nothing that
7 | > could cause problems for Portage users, while still allowing
8 | > alternative package managers to use the tree without needing
9 | > Portage installed.
10 | This seems to be more acceptable. The implicit unstated dependencies
11 | on Python are something that will also be interesting to find out
12 | (especially for packages building Python modules automagically).
13
14 I had a look at this. I didn't find anything that actually relied upon
15 python from system -- it seems that people are pretty good about
16 specifying python deps explictly.
19 Ciaran McCreesh
20 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list