From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: dev-python/{autobahn,cbor,girder-client,kazoo,libcloud,logbook}
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 06:22:59
1 Hi,
2
3 The following packages will no longer be maintained by the Python team:
4
5 dev-python/autobahn
6 dev-python/cbor
7 dev-python/girder-client
8 dev-python/kazoo
9 dev-python/libcloud
10 dev-python/logbook
11
12 All of them are stuck on py3.6 and have 1-2 revdeps, and aren't very
13 useful to the general Python community. All of them have some problems
14 that prevent us from testing them, and generally would qualify for last
15 rites if they were not blocked by the revdeps.
16
17 autobahn is only used by vpython (sci@), vtk (sci@) and buildbot (last
18 rited). It is multiple versions behind upstream.
19
20 cbor is needed for autobahn and ros. It hasn't been touched since 2016.
21 The test suite fails, and is pretty unreadable. It looks like a new
22 serialization format that didn't work out.
23
24 girder-client is only sed by yt (sci-astronomy@). The ebuild doesn't
25 declare tests.
26
27 kazoo has no real revdeps (only zake that are 'testing utilities' for
28 kazoo). Testing requires a running Zookeeper instance.
29
30 libcloud is used by salt only (chutzpah@). It has all tests restricted
31 because of 'known test failures'. Someone needs to put an effort to
32 make the tests pass or at least filter out these that don't pass and run
33 the rest.
34
35 logbook is used only by pyfa and nikola. I've tried bumping it
36 but a lot of tests still fail with the newest version and then one seems
37 to hang.
38
39 Expect more as I proceed with py3.7 testing.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny