From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:24:50
1 On Thursday 14 August 2003 00:14, Fred Van Andel wrote:
2 >
3 > So how do I use this in an ebuild.
4 >
5 > Do I have to write customized versions of start_menu() etc for each ebuild
6 > or do I call the start_menu() etc functions from within src_install() or
7 > will they be called automatically using on some defined variables as
8 > parameters?
11 I would like to make a suggestion. Could you people also provide a do_desktop
12 command that has three parameters, the first parameter is the name of the
13 application (yes in English), the second is the commandline of the
14 application (that what goes into the exec field (so it can contain spaces)),
15 and the third is the the icon file.
16
17 This would imply that icon files get installed in a gentoo-menu specific
18 folder, so they can be overridden by windowmanager specific folders if they
19 exist.
20
21 This command would not aim to be complete, but to simplify things for adding
22 entries for applications that don't have full translated desktop entries yet.
23
24 In this line, maybe a do_icon function is also useful for the same reason.
25 Desktop entries without icons suck ;-)
26
27 Paul
30 Paul de Vrieze
31 Gentoo Developer