From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hang on RAMDISK with rc6-r9 iso
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 19:47:43
1 On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:00:12PM -0400, Adam Elliott wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm trying to install rc6-r9, but booting from the CD freezes at:
4 > RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
5 >
6 > It just hangs... nothing happens. Any thoughts?
7
8 I just tested the 1.0_rc6-r9 CD and it booted perfectly for me. It seems
9 strange that the system should just lock while the kernel is booting. Is
10 it possible that your ISO image somehow got corrupted, or that your CD burn
11 did not run properly? I'll post md5sums to the ix86-linux-gnu directory
12 on ibiblio.org right now which allow you to easily see if your download
13 is corrupt.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>