From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About suggesting to create a separate partition for portage tree in handbook
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:18:00
1 On 28 March 2012 07:53, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > You know, we have "Code Listing 2.1: Filesystem Example" in Section 4,
3 > we could always adjust that to have a /usr/portage partition in it
4 > (take a bit of space away from /home, or something)
5 >
6 > It doesn't recommend/require anything, but when users see it they'll
7 > think about it.
10 I'd be careful with that logic, users may just copy it without
11 thinking and then wonder why it doesn't work ( because they didn't do
12 all the other steps required to make it work such as making sure you
13 don't run out of space, set DIST_DIR etc etc )
16 Kent
17
18 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,
19 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"