From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]: Proxy-maintainer project
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:13:29

IMHO, [1] is not clear if you don't already know what proxy
maintainance is :)

> 1) Should we use a new overlay? A new branch on sunrise? or work > ebuilds in Gentoo bugzilla?I think the latter is the best
usually i use bugzilla at first then the good old mail vcs :)
> 2) I think an email alias is not needed We can "monitor" > maintainer-wanted/- needed alias if needed. What do you think?
maybe it'd be nice to have one, see later
> 3) Maybe a new KEYWORD needs to be added on bugzilla so ppl get > informed that the specific bug is already taking by another developer > and that somebody is working on it. So marking a bug with a keyword > e.g. "PROXY" might be useful.
4) add a keyword in bugzilla for users to specify they are willing to be proxy maintainers (that's where a mail alias could be useful) Alexis.