From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 23:31:16
1 Why are you replying to a thread that has already been resolved? Please stop.
2
3 On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
4 > * Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> schrieb:
5 >
6 >> If it turns out there is no easier way of properly fixing this,
7 >> we may have to split poppler-utils out from poppler.
8 >
9 > ACK. Having separate packages for public libraries and utils
10 > which just happen to use these libs should be the default case.
11 > Not just because of circular deps - which, in 99.99% have
12 > absolutely _no_ technical reason, beside certain people's mental
13 > lazyness (at least that's what my about 20yrs swe experience
14 > shows up ;-o) - but also a matter of clean sw design.
15 >
16 > This should start at the source, so if upstream doesnt want to
17 > fix this, let's fork. (i'm hereby volunteering as maintainer).
20 > cu
21 >
22 > PS: please no "we're not debian"-flamewars ;-o
23 > --
24 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
25 >  Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
27 >  Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
28 >        http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
29 >  Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
30 >        http://patches.metux.de/
38 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
39
40 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team