From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EJOBS variable for EAPI 5?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:20:18
1 Il 11/09/2012 18:43, Zac Medico ha scritto:
2 > On 09/11/2012 09:36 AM, vivo75@×××××.com wrote:
3 >> Dunno where to place this request, but if we go for something like EJOBS
4 >> could we also make it phase specific?
5 >> So compile, install and test could have a different number of jobs running.
6 >> Possibly three different variables that override a predefined EJOBS.
7 > Per-phase sounds a little to fine-grained. Instead, I'd suggest to add
8 > an ELOADAVG variable that's analogous to make's --load-average option.
9 > That should be enough to compensate for any differences between phases.
10 ok, but in my experience load-average really is too limited so I
11 relaunch with the ability to control the following:
12 - disk io
13 - network
14 - memory
15 - cpu
16 - jobs
17
18 just tough that being able to control just jobs in a phase specific
19 manner could have been sufficed ;-)
20 Also this seem is a good job for containers, already implemented in the
21 linux kernel, but will let someone with experience with them comment on
22 the mattter.