From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: apache-devs@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resigning from apache herd
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:03:44
1 On 02/18/11 19:02, Benedikt Böhm wrote:
2 > due to work and family related time shortage i'm not able to lead the
3 > apache team any longer and have removed myself from the herd. there
4 > are a lot of open bugs, many of them results from the various
5 > autotools/libtool hacks added by upstream. any help is appreciated i
6 > guess and a new apache team lead should be found/elected by the
7 > remaining two members nelchael and trapni if they desire to still work
8 > on apache ebuilds.
9
10 Thanks to Benedikt's work we're in pretty good shape overall with regards to
11 Apache. Nevertheless we need more manpower -- there are 52 open bugs right now -
12 some quite easy (version bump), some slightly harder (LDFLAGS issues), we have
13 even some cryptic ones (hard to reproduce, etc).
14
15 If you have some time and would like to devote to keeping Apache in good shape
16 on Gentoo join the Apache team :)
19 Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
20 desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...