From: "Christopher Díaz Riveros" <chrisadr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Personall Gentoo Installer project pre-beta release
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 02:28:27
1 El vie, 13-04-2018 a las 23:00 +0000, Robin H. Johnson escribió:
2 > On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:20:23AM -0500, Christopher Díaz Riveros wrote:
3 > > Still on the TODO list:
4 > >
5 > > -next step will be to create an ebuild for installer, I may need some help
6 > > there but it should be pretty simple.
7 > >
8 > > -still some validations: installer error messages are quite hard to
9 > > understand
10 > > if you are installing Gentoo for the first time (my fault), so I'll be
11 > > working
12 > > on better error messages.
13 > >
14 > > -Ask if there is a way to add installer in the liveUSB so that people don't
15 > > need to install it manually in order to begin a Gentoo installation.
16 >
17 > Once it's a little further from the above (esp having a package), releng
18 > can potentially include it in the release media (*cd-stage1).
19 >
20 > Hopefully you have a very minimal set of dependencies for it, because
21 > the installcd is quite slim (by gentoo media standards).
24 Yes, that was the first requirement for the project, it must keep as minimal as
25 possible.
26
27 I ended up having these runtime dependencies:
28
29 GNU tar (runtime)
30 Iputils (runtime)
31 GNU coreutils (runtime)
32 Bash (runtime)
33 Util-linux (runtime)
34 GNU grep (runtime)
35 Ncurses (runtime)
36
37 And it is written in Python with support for 3.4 onwards.
38
39 I think all those are already present in a cd-stage1 or stage3 :)
40
41 I'll polish some rough edges before packaging it, then I'll let you know when I
42 have a functional package in my overlay so that it can be reviewed too.
43
44 Regards and thanks,
45 --
46 Christopher Díaz Riveros
47 Gentoo Linux Developer
48 GPG Fingerprint: E517 5ECB 8152 98E4 FEBC 2BAA 4DBB D10F 0FDD 2547