From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 20:28:39
1 On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:07:26 +0200
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 03/27/2010 04:51 PM, Alex Alexander wrote:
5 > >
6 > > The only reason I don't really like this is because it breaks
7 > > consistency. We have a ground rule, assign to maintainer, CC
8 > > arch(es). Why make it more complicated? I have a feeling people
9 > > will continue CCing arches out of habit.
10
11 +1.
12
13 > I don't think we should punish people for not doing it this way but
14 > consider it the preferred way when doing new bugs. The initial point
15 > here was to tell arches that assigning bugs directly to them is not
16 > wrong.
17
18 Not wrong, just annoying for the arch team in question. Before
19 resolving the bug report, you'd reassign to the maintainer and then
20 close it? Why change it around twice, or even once for that matter?
23 jer