From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] name of smartcard support USE flag
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 16:20:57
1 I was trying to cleanup my local USE flag settings and stumbled on the
2 following three: smartcard, pcsc-lite and pkcs11.
3
4 Knowing all 3 are related, I greped use.local.desc to see what each
5 meant for different packages. To sum up what I found:
6  * pcsc-lite is basically: enable smartcard support through <pkg>sys-
7 apps/pcsc-lite</pkg>
8  * pkcs11: enabled PKCS#11 (smartcard) via $pkg
9
10 These look like the same thing to me so I propose we merge them all
11 into USE=smartcard as this is the feature being enabled, not the lib or
12 the standard being used to access the hardware if any.
15 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
16 Gentoo