From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] profile slimming
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:45:20
1 On Tuesday 29 July 2003 19:22, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > since noone seems to love the default-1.0 profile anymore, ive gone ahead
3 > and trimmed the following packages to stay in sync with the 1.4 profile:
4 > ftp, gettext, gdbm, slang, and vritual/bootloader
7 Also if there are no problems could someone update the perl version in 1.0,
8 currently it breaks world updates as some packages need 5.8. My server now
9 runs perl-5.8 without any problems (I don't really use perl much on it
10 though)
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze