From: Colin Kingsley <tercel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python module
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:18:16
1 Rene Zbinden wrote:
2 > Yes in the meantime I found that eclass. The problem was, that there was no
3 > setup.py file. I created my own and put it into the files directory.
4
5 If that works for you then I can't really see any reason why you
6 shouldn't do it, but I find it far easier and cleaner to simply not use
7 all the functions provided by distutils.
8
9 It should be much simpler to implement whatever you need in ebuild
10 functions, instead of doing them in setup.py and then calling that from
11 the ebuild.
12
13 I'm sure many python module ebuilds could show examples of this, but the
14 only one I can direct you to for certain is dev-python/visual-3.2.1.
17 --Colin
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list