From: tneidt@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] galeon-1.2:Cannot find schema ...
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:15:31
1 Hi again!
2
3 I should have read farther back in the mailing list before posting.
4 The following is the more relevant post.
5
6 http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/5085/0/6460600/
7
8 Highlite: "Make sure that the directories under /etc/gconf are readable for the
9 user, particularly the gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/ directory."
10
11 I checked and the /etc/opt/gnome/gconf.xml.defaults directory and subdirectories
12 are only readable by root. When I change the permissions galeon-1.2 starts up
13 as my non-root user fine.
14
15 tod
18 > Hi!
19 >
20 > I get the followng error when trying to run galeon-1.2 as a non-root user.
21 >
22 > Cannot find schema for galeon preferences.
23 > Check your gconf setup, look at galeon FAQ for more info
24 >
25 > Note: galeon-12 merges without errors and runs under root fine.
26 >
27 > This problem has been discussed on the galeon mailing-list. The follwoing is a
28 > relevant message.
29 >
30 > http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/5085/0/6456633/
31 >
32 > It mentions, running make install-schemas as a user. Don't know how that would
33 > work with portage thought, which is why I am posting this message. :)
34 >
35 > tod
40 Sent using Fidelity Networks, Inc. Mailman.
41 http://www.fidnet.com/