From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:18:00
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Alexander Berntsen <alexander@××××××.net>wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA256
5 >
6 > On 24/03/13 20:32, Ben Kohler wrote:
7 > > I really feel like we should still have an official minimal iso
8 > Feelings do not matter.
9 >
10 > - --
11 > Alexander
14 As a very active contributor in #gentoo, assisting new users every day with
15 their first-time gentoo installs, I strongly believe it's important that we
16 have an official install medium upon which the official installation
17 handbook is based. But I would also like to see the handbook expanded a
18 bit to make it clear that nearly any other livecd can be used, when the
19 official minimal cd has bugs or just lacks some features for a special
20 setup.
21
22 -Ben
23 (iamben @ freenode)