From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] another global use flag...
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:16:45
1 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
2 > use.local.desc:app-text/ghostscript-afpl:jasper - Enable support for
3 > jpeg2k (jasper)
4 > use.local.desc:kde-base/kdegraphics:jpeg2k - Enable support for jpeg2k
5 > (jasper)
6 > use.local.desc:kde-base/kdelibs:jpeg2k - Enable support for jpeg2k
7 > (jasper)
8 > use.local.desc:net-proxy/ziproxy:jpeg2k - Enable support for jpeg2k
9 > (jasper)
10 > use.local.desc:sci-libs/gdal:jasper - Adds support for JPEG 2000
13 > I was just about adding another one and thought it would be better to merge
14 > them to a global jpeg2k use flag. Complains?
15
16 Query: Which would be more appropriate in this case? "jasper" for the
17 library it pulls in as a depend, or "jpeg2k" for the functionality that
18 library provides? There's nothing else in the tree (as far as I can
19 tell) which provides JPEG-2000, but there could be.
22 I used to think romantic love was a neurosis shared by two, a supreme
23 foolishness. I no longer thought that. There's nothing foolish in
24 loving anyone. Thinking you'll be loved in return is what's foolish.
25 -- Rita Mae Brown