From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:31:55
1 Perhaps Damien came off wrong initially, but please people cut him some
2 slack. Things have gotten a little personal in the argument. I think
3 it's better to keep the discussion focused on the initial concerns, viz.
4 what exactly makes up a Desktop TLP and why. I would tend to think that
5 the TLP would be non-intrusive to the individual projects involved, ie
6 gnome, kde, commonbox, xfce4, e, and so on. I think dams is only trying
7 to make it, on the whole, more co-ordinated, with the aim of improving
8 communication across them and across to other projects (like the lower
9 level libs and what-not).
10
11 Additionally, Paul mentioned the kde herd being a little too all
12 encompassing, which is a separate issue -- but it is entirely up to him
13 and the kde@g.o people to create the sub-herds as they see fit.
14
15 Thanks,
19 Seemant Kulleen
20 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
21 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
22
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
24 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E