From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: new 'virtualization' project or herd
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:00:26
1 Sorry that it took so long to answer, but I was quiet busy with real life.
2
3 Mike Auty wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > Tiziano Müller wrote:
9 > | Hi everyone
10 > |
11 > | What do you think of creating a new 'virtualization' project or
12 > | herd/team?
13 >
14 > Sounds like a good idea, there seem to be enough packages to warrant it.
15 > ~ Especially if you're finding shared packages and space for integration
16 > of components.
17 Good :-)
20 > | So, what do you think?
21 >
22 > As one of the primary vmware devs, I'm not sure that vmware easily fits
23 > into this group based on it's closed-source nature, and the complex (but
24 > just about workable) module system we've put in place. I also wouldn't
25 > want to muddy the virtualization email address with all the random
26 > vmware module bugs... 5:)
27 >
28 > I'm pretty happy for the vmware group to go under the virtualization
29 > herd, but I'd very much like to maintain the vmware email
30 > alias/assignment for bugs, and I'm not sure how much we'd be able to
31 > integrate with the larger group. Do you think it's worthwhile vmware
32 > joining the umbrella or should we just stay separate?
33
34 That's true. How about having a virtualization project which takes care of
35 the common part, the docs and the coordination (if any) and have separate
36 herds for larger "subprojects"?
37
38 Cheers,
39 Tiziano