From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Duplicated entries in use.desc and use.local.desc
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 03:22:19
1 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> said:
2 > Yeah, unfortunately none of the people proposing the idea ever wrote a
3 > glep or even filed a bug regarding this (AFAIK), also as the quoted
4 > threads show there are a number of possible solutions for this.
5
6 It doesn't seem that too many people feel strongly in favor of it (judging by
8 time where someone can come up with real-life examples where this would prove
9 to be beneficial. Is this something that repoman could check for (should I
10 file a bug), or just something to keep my eye out for?
11
12 I don't see this as a groundbreaking change that requires a GLEP or anything,
13 especially since I eliminated most of the duplicates today, after talking
14 with the respective maintainers. There are probably only 3 or 4 left.
17 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
18 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
19 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
20 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
21 http://www.halcy0n.com