From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of "Console log for $HOSTNAME" at X startup]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:32:14
1 tor 2001-09-27 klockan 12.07 skrev Viktor Lakics:
2 > Hi Mikael,
3 >
4 > I am getting this automatically when I log on as root or ordinary user. I
5 > installed X and KDE from binaries on the RC5 iso image. KDE was upgraded from
6 > sources a couple of times since then with emerge (now it is 2.2.1). This has
7 > to be something in my x configuration (I have not tweaked that at all,
8 > actually). This xtem window just pops up (minimized on the taskbar in KDE) and
9 > the prompt is "bash 2.3 ". When I go home tonight I try to install some other
10 > window manager like xfce to see this happening outside KDE as well...
11
12 Isn't possible to use "XSession" instead of KSession (or
13 what-name-it-has), it should of you haven't configured it start twm.
14
15 It would be nice to see if this only shows up when you run KDE (perhaps
16 this is a KDE-feature :)
17
18 Regards,
19 Mikael Hallendal
23 Mikael Hallendal
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
25 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden