From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:20:08
1 El mié, 08-05-2013 a las 23:49 +0800, Ben de Groot escribió:
2 [...]
3 > It sounds more wrong to me to be asking normal package maintainers to
4 > test and maintain unit files, while they don't use systemd themselves,
5 > nor have it installed. Nor would most of our users need this.
6 >
7 > And I believe the council has only spoken out against using a useflag
8 > for installing such files. Afaik they haven't spoken out against a
9 > systemd-units package. Please refer me to their decision if I'm wrong.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Cheers,
13 >
14 > Ben | yngwin
15 > Gentoo developer
16 > Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin
20 And, why not allow systemd team (or systemd-units@g.o if it's created)
21 to test and add the unit files to each affected package? If the reported
22 bug is caused by unit file, that team could handle it