From: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage suggestion
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:44:49
1 On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:24:21PM +0100, Timo Lindemann wrote:
2 > artsd is not a dep from licq,
3 > but somehow entagled in that kde thing, which I dont WANT to have. So, a
4 > distinction needs to be
5 > made between USEFUL deps, or standard deps, and CRITICAL deps, or needed
6 > deps.
7
8 I'll comment on this specific case: I don't believe it's possible to
9 compile kdelibs without arts. So the problem is in the software (if it
10 is a problem at all) rather than in portage's handling of the software.
11
12 > What do you think?
13
14 I suggest verifying that you can manually compile licq without kde, and
15 then posting a bug on bugzilla. Repeat as required until all the
16 packages you use are useflag-enabled.
19 When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list