From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] keywording of new style virtuals
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:50:42
1 On 07/06/2011 09:55 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > from my previous discussion, I am about to put a new virtual in the
5 > tree. Do I need to use the same ~arch/30 day wait/stabilize cycle I
6 > would normally use even though the default package the virtual will
7 > bring in is stable everywhere?
8 >
9 > I'm thinking I can take the virtual straight to stable in this situation,,
10 > but I want to be sure.
11 >
12 > William
15 You can grab both stable and ~arch KEYWORDS="" from the deps listed in
16 || ( ) for the virtual and commit it with repoman --force.
17
18 Then the virtual is instantly available for usage.
19
20 - Samuli