From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla sources
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 16:29:06
1 On January 3, 2020 9:55:31 AM EST, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 >On 1/3/20 9:52 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >>
4 >> But here we are. Do we make OpenRC Linux-only and steal the fix from
5 >> systemd? Or pretend to support other operating systems, but leave
6 >them
7 >> insecure?
10 >Or the gripping hand: rewrite opentmpfiles in C, so that it's only as
11 >insecure as checkpath.
12 >
13 >Every option sucks. I was only trying to point out that vanilla-sources
14 >gets no security support -- security@ has stated this, but it's on a
15 >private bug, so I won't quote it -- and the risk is more than academic.
16
17 This should be known. Security does not support vanilla-sources. This is one reason vanilla-sources are not stabilized.
20 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.