From: Charles Lacour <Clacour@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Installation/Live CD available from http://gentoo.org/~christoph
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:10:25
1 >A couple of CD images are available from http://gentoo.org/~christoph.
2
3 Two requests:
4
5 First, could you post some md5sums for the various images? I got one of your earlier
6 CD images of your own site and it was corrupt - no big deal for the most part, but I didn't
7 discover it until I was unable to download and burn another for a day or so. (And in light
8 of the recent trojan in openssh, my paranoia level is a bit higher than usual right now.)
9
10 Second, would you consider building an image that has the source to all of it's packages
11 on it (or at least all the ones in the basic Gentoo install)? I'd find a CD I could install basic
12 Gentoo from without having Net connectivity fairly handy, and my test machine is a P1, so
13 the 686 gentoo CD won't work for me.
14
15 (I also wouldn't complain if you bzipped the images - I was rather startled when the tgentoo
16 0.3.1 bz2 file expanded to 700 meg. I didn't think .iso images were that compressible.)
17
18 I've been playing around with making bootable CDs, so I'll definitely check out your
19 LiveCD ebuild.
20
21 Thanks for the contributions!
22