From: Marc Popp <marc.popp@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reproducing a bug found by the tinderbox
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:48:03
1 Hi All,
2
3 sorry, if this has been asked or explained before, but google and the
4 gentoo wiki couldn't find any answers.
5
6 I just got my first bug found by the tinderbox and would like to reproduce
7 the environment (chroot) that the bug was found in. There is some nice info
8 about it in the bug, but I was actually expecting a single command or some
9 kind of metadata file, that will rebuild exactly this environment. Or even
10 easier the tar-ed chroot after the emerge failed.
11
12 Furthermore the info about the exact emerge call would be very helpful in
13 the bug.
14
15 Now I have to configure a new chroot and then for the rest of the night
16 I'll compile GCC5 and QT just to be able to reproduce the bug. All this
17 could be replaced by a tar command for the tinderbox and a download and
18 untar for me.
19
20 What am I missing here?
21 How do other developers do that?
22 Where can I find "This is an unstable amd64 chroot image (named
23 amd64-desktop-unstable_20160821-212524)" or do I have to build that too?
24 What needs to be done to be able to shorten the time for reproducing those
25 bugs?
26
27 Thanks
28 Marc
29
30 PS: Sorry, it's 1am and I'm heading to bed now. See ya tomorrow.