From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 13:43:07
1 Hi Thomas,
2
3 > I've been interested in getting more involved with Gentoo - would
4 > package maintenance be a good place to start?
5
6 You can fix bugs for many packages, but you should only assign your self
7 to a package, if you want to take care for bug reports in a long term.
8 I suggest to make small fixes and pull requests first and get familiar
9 with repoman + git first.
12 > I'd be interested in astyle and alock as these are tools I would use
13 > myself. Do I just start by reading
14 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers and try to get
15 > in touch with the right people?
16
17 That is a good start. There are many new informative links.
18 You can join us on IRC and tell us what you already can do, what your
19 interests are. We will have lists with things to do in all flavors and
20 difficulties. You may ping me on IRC, my nick is jstein.
23 Best,
24 Jonas