From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC supporting systemd units
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 19:18:23
1 On Wed, 8 May 2013 20:55:35 +0200
2 Ambroz Bizjak <ambrop7@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Init.d scripts are programs - they could probably do just about
5 > > anything.
6 >
7 > They couldn't monitor a process and restart it when it crashes, as
8 > specified by the restart options in the unit file. That is, without
9 > significant modifications in the way OpenRC works, such as adding a
10 > monitoring process, or hacks such as launching a daemon that monitor
11 > that process specifically.
12
13 Sounds like a great feature. A crashed process is a buggy one, and I
14 would want to investigate said program before I relaunched it, and not
15 have it automatically relaunched as if nothing had happened.
18 jer