From: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for Radicale upgrade
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 21:53:12
1 Hello,
2 Apologies for the duplicate post; I forgot to CC this to pr@gentoo the
3 first time.
4
5 After much discussion on the pull request
6 <https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/7274>, reviewers and I have
7 concluded with a new pkg_pretend message, which I would like to use as
8 the new news message as well. As before, I ask that the committer of
9 that merge request adjust the posted date in this news item and add it
10 to the news repo when accepting the PR. Thanks!
11
12 Title: Radicale 2 requires pre-install migration
13 Author: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
14 Posted: 2018-03-30
15 Revision: 2
16 News-Item-Format: 2.0
17 Display-If-Installed: <www-apps/radicale-2
18
19 Radicale version 2 uses a new storage format and is not able to read
20 databases created by version 1. Version 1 releases starting from 1.1.3
21 include a --export-storage option which can be used to export their
22 databases in a format that Radicale 2 can use; you must do this before
23 upgrading to version 2.
24
25 If you have kept the Gentoo-default database configuration, this will
26 work:
27 1. Stop any running instance of Radicale.
28 2. Run `radicale --export-storage ~/radicale-exported`.
29 3. Run `chown -R radicale: ~/radicale-exported`
30 4. Run `mv /var/lib/radicale /var/lib/radicale.old`.
31 5. Install Radicale version 2.
32 6. Run `mv ~/radicale-exported /var/lib/radicale/collections`.
33
34 For more details, or if you are have a more complex configuration,
35 please see the migration guide: http://radicale.org/1to2/
36 If you do a custom migration, please ensure the database is cleaned out
37 of /var/lib/radicale, including the hidden .props file.
38 --
39 Christopher Head