From: "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] a preempt patch lament
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:15:41
1 Yeah, the preempt patch seems to have some rather nasty rejects against
2 -aa's rather large (?!?!) patch set. I myself am either sticking
3 2.4.17-r4 or building my own because I depend on preempt and refuse to
4 use any kernel for my workstation without it. And the fact -aa's patch
5 is huge and tested by a smaller audience then even -ac's patch set
6 doesn't sit well with me either.
7
8 Anyone know if some kind soul is maintaining a preempt + tested XFS
9 patch? With the dozens of different kernel trees these days someone has
10 to be doing something like that :)