From: Collins Richey <crichey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bug #64656 - Problems with xscreensaver and xorg
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:20:58
1 Can anyone provide suggestions about how to debug this problem. I
2 opened the bug in September, but it's received no attention. I've
3 tried numerous combinations of xorg (6.7 and 6.8), xscreensaver (4.15
4 and 4.16) , gtk+, etc., but the problem persists. The basic problem is
5 this: if I run xscreensaver or xscreensaver-demo and certain
6 screensavers are selected (Atlantis is one example), the X server
7 crashes. I get no additional info logged by xorg when the failure
8 occurs. I have a SIS650 internal card, and I don't find any real
9 matches (some hits on SIS650, but not my problem) of this problem
10 using google.
11
12 Other things like gimp and mplayer that are video intensive work just fine.
13
14 Perhaps this is an xorg problem, but I know from past experience that
15 xorg considers bugs reported by normal users like myself to be "noise"
16 and nothing will be done.
17
18 Any help would be appreciated.
19
20 I also asked on gentoo-user (see thread: Problems with xscreensaver and xorg).
23 Collins
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list