From: Adam Elliott <aelliott@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installation without a CD
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:01:31
1 Hello,
2 I've been using Gentoo Linux for a while now, and figured it was about time
3 for an upgrade, now that I've finally got DSL. Thing is, I have no CD
4 burner. Is there a way to install Gentoo using, say, a boot floppy
5 combined with mounting the iso image through the loopback device? To make
6 things even more fun, how about an iso image that's on a FAT32 partition?
7
8 Of course, I'm perfectly open to other ideas, say something along the
9 lines of the method once described for rc3 and rc4, but I would like to
10 know some way to install without a CD.
11
12 Thanks for any help,
13 -Adam