From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Self-circular dependencies
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 01:42:58
1 On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:22:05 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Sunday 05 February 2006 17:11, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > Another not-so-uncommon issue that crops up: packages DEPENDing upon
5 | > themselves. Sometimes this is legit -- one of the Ada compilers, for
6 | > example, DEPENDs upon || ( itself another-compiler ). Sometimes,
7 | > however, it's the result of eclass screwups.
8 |
9 | your script doesnt take into consideration SLOT's ... the
10 | linux-gazette and gcc stuff in your log for example is a false
11 | positive
12
13 Yup. Easier to just leave them in and filter them manually, since
14 in general it's impossible for a computer to decide whether some of the
15 weird cases are correct or not. I'm not filing bugs without checking
16 manually first, and I'd certainly hope that no-one else will either.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm