From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:08:09
1 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> said:
2 > On 7 August 2010 02:18, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > The thing you're ignoring out of this g55 idiocy is that people don't
4 > > particularly seem to want it. There has been an extremely vocal
5 > > subgroup of paludis/exherbo devs pushing for it while everyone else
6 > > seems to have less than an interest in it. That's generalizing a
7 > > bit, but is reasonably accurate.
8 >
9 > Exactly. This is Gentoo. Let Exherbo devs go develop their own distro
10 > and stop trying to interfere with Gentoo. It is time the council puts
11 > a definite stop to GLEP 55.
12
13 if the council should stop anything, then rude behavior like you have
14 shown. I am personally much in favor for GLEP55, as it solves a technical
15 problem that keeps coming up and have no association with Exherbo at all.
16
17 If you want to constructively contribute to Gentoo, i'd hope you
18 reconsider a message like the above before sending it next time.
22 > > _EITHER WAY_, rather than having g33 get beat down for unrelated
23 > > reasons by people screaming they want their pony/g55, g33 can proceed
24 > > despite claims to the contrary, and it doesn't require g55 as
25 > > ciaran/crew have claimed.
26 >
27 > I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 33. I believe it is one of the
28 > most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to
29 > get behind this.
30
31 I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 55. I believe it is one of the
32 most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to
33 get behind this.
34
35 I also support the aims of GLEP33.
38 > Cheers,