From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] epatch_user usage
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 04:33:52
1 On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 April 2012 23:45:36 Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >> So I've just had one reservation when using epatch_user for allowing
4 >> users to apply patches. And that's figuring out when to run
5 >> eautoreconf. I don't necessarily want to run it unconditionally but
6 >> sometimes users have patches which touch autoconf files but my
7 >> existing patch set doesn't so I'm not calling eautoreconf. Does anyone
8 >> have a suggested way to handle this?
9 >
10 > just always call it when the user applies patches.  i don't see a big deal.
11 >        epatch_user && eautoreconf
12 > -mike
13
14 That works. I was wondering if you guys did anything more crafty but
15 this is fine.
16
17 Thanks all for the input.
20 Doug Goldstein