From: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maintenance / outage
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:12:54
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:11:35 +0100
Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o> wrote:

> Hi everybody, > > as some of you may have noticed already we did some reboot(s) on > aka > > To be honest we/I didn't expect major problems but > as so often there are some if you don't expect it... > > So woodpecker will be unavailable again today and/or probably tomorrow > as well. > There is no ETA yet. > We try to keep the outages as short as possible. > > The reboots will be announced again (as before) via "wall" on > woodpecker but you may want to start $irc_client on your local > computer anyway for now. > > What we did recently: > Major gcc/glibc upgrade. > Other major and minor upgrades. > > What is left is: > Kernel > Baselayout2 / OpenRC > > We'll let you know when we're done with it. > >
Kernel, baselayout2 / OpenRC and perl are done. We're still having some trouble with the kernel/vixie-cron/glibc so we *may* need to reboot pecker again. -- Regards, Christian Ruppert Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure member Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8