From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@g.o>, dev-portage@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experimental binary package hosting
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:26:08
1 * Matt Turner schrieb am 23.09.21 um 09:28 Uhr:
2 > On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 7:12 AM Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Hi Vadim,
5 > >
6 > > > Finally it happened!
7 > > > I already planned to try to ask infra/council about sponsoring few
8 > > > servers for build farm for "official gentoo binhosts" when I had
9 > > > enough time, but fortunately, you've already did that.
10 > > > It's very good news.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks! Nice to see that this is appreciated :)
13 > >
14 > > So far I'm only using "spare time" on the machine that builds the
15 > > releng stages (amd64, x86, m68k, riscv). So no need for a big server
16 > > farm.
17 > >
18 > > > Btw, do you need any help with that?
19 > > > I'd be very happy to help with that project.
20 > >
21 > > Sure! Feel free to add yourself to the Project:Binhost wiki page. I'll
22 > > ask for an alias and a channel soon.
23 > >
24 > > The most useful steps now are only half related to actual building. I
25 > > barely know any python and am not very familiar with portage
26 > > internals... this is what in my opinion we'd need next:
27 > >
28 > > 1) a tool to manage and manipulate a binpkg/ directory tree
29 > > The main functions that I see needed are
30 > > * delete packages/versions that are not in the gentoo repository
31 > > anymore (xpak and in index file), maybe with some grace time
32 > > * merge xpak files built elsewhere into the directory (also in the
33 > > index file)
34 >
35 > eclean packages from gentoolkit does this exactly.
36
37 plus 'emaint binhost' for rebuilding the index after adding packages
38 manually :)
39
40 -Marc
43 0xCA3E7BF67F979BE5 - F7FB 78F7 7CC3 79F6 DF07
44 6E9E CA3E 7BF6 7F97 9BE5