From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Optional runtime dependencies via runtime-switchable USE flags
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:47:12
1 On 06/21/2012 11:12 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:32:34 +0100
3 > David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Michał Górny wrote:
6 >>> But in the current form, the spec doesn't allow passing
7 >>> IUSE_RUNTIME flags to has_version() so we're on the safe side :P.
8 >>
9 >> True. Do we want to keep it that restrictive?
10 >
11 > I've added that to the spec but I'm not sure if we're not going too far
12 > with this.
13 >
14 > Now I'm seriously seeing downside of this solution and starting
15 > thinking about making them auto-enabled when deps are satisfied.
16
17 The funny part is that this could recurse, if you call has_version
18 a[a-runtime-flag], which depends on b[b-runtime-flag], which depends on
19 c[c-runtime-flag] and so on...
20
21 I suspect that we'd be better off with a less restrictive spec, and
22 without this "auto-enabled" thing.
23 --
24 Thanks,
25 Zac