From: Kaspars <kaspars@××.lv>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Compiling?
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:53:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I try to understand about compiling in unix...
4 In def you run ./configure --option && make && make install to get
5 software... so you get the best suited software on specifik pc... but if
6 I want to compile programm for another pc, what have faster cpu, how
7 to make compile for another pc? Just edit /etc/make.conf file with
8 another pc options? or something more compile is looking when it do its
9 work?
10 If somebody have some interesting doc or can suggest book I`m open for it...
11
12 thanks and good look all with work&fun,
13
14 Casper
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list