From: Benj <ben@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] masked packages in system ..
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:26:40
1 On Friday 27 December 2002 1:02 pm, Henti Smith wrote:
2 > hi there ..
3 >
4 > this is not the first time this has happened .. but when I try emerge -u
5 > system I get errors about masked packages. How can a maksed package be part
6 > of a system update ?
7 >
8 > is this not really silly ?
9
10 Agreed, it does seem strange... I just got this:
11
12 root@maya apache # emerge -up world
13
14 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
15
16 Calculating world dependencies \
17 !!! all ebuilds that could satisfy ">=sys-devel/perl-5.6.1-r10" have been
18 masked.
19 !!! (dependency required by "dev-perl/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.05-r4" [ebuild])
20
21 Looks like the DEPEND in the MakeMaker ebuild has barfed.
22 Now, I will file a bug, and normally this all Just Works (tm), but dependency
23 nightmares for system ebuilds seems a bit of a bad thing.
24
25 just my 2p
26
27 /ben